And together we learn

Friday, July 06, 2007

The spark of genius

We live in an amazing world. I'm sitting in my bedroom, using a wireless connection to the internet on my laptop computer. Air conditioning, refrigeration, and electric lights don't even occur to me to be luxuries. So now after reading this, I'm crying.

Amazing, amazing, amazing. A boy from Malawi, forced to drop out of school, reads a book on energy and changes the world. Wow is all I can say.

Labels:

5 comment(s):

Becca, WOW, thanks for linking to this. It is humbling to consider all that I grouse about in the course of a day. That boy is amazing. I hope my dh has time to read it because I think he will enjoy it. Thanks again.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 AM  

That is so great! Thanks for posting it! I love all the help William is getting now as a result of his hard work.

By Blogger Millie, at 1:35 PM  

Wow! What a great story, thanks for linking to it. What a great example this young man is for many who think they are stuck in a bad situation and can't do anything about it. Hurray for him!

By Blogger Amanda, at 7:45 AM  

I know that I take my luxuries for granted. It's nice to read such great stories about people that don't take things for granted. Thanks! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 12:32 PM  

yep we take way too many things for granted. Thanks for the amazing link.

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 11:03 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home