And together we learn

Monday, July 02, 2007

Those summer nights

I love summer evenings. There is absolutely nothing like the feeling of sitting around the table on the deck, feeling the softness of the evening cool. The kids play below us and their laughter drifts up to us as we relax and chat. We just got this new patio set that seats 6, so now we can have 12 people total out there.


It's been so fun!! We eat Sunday dinners out there as a family. Since the meal was just so absolutely delicious, I just had to blog it.

My mom did pork skewers marinated in a curry sauce, with peanut sauce on the side. My sister made the most delicious
Pad Thai I've ever had. Better than any Thai restaurant. I'm serious.

We had a huge pile of grilled veggies, watermelon and cantalope, and finished with this amazing Key Lime Pie. It was light and fluffy and creamy and most important on a hot summer evening--very cold!

Oh, I almost forgot. I was cutting up the watermelon, and had some left over. I stuffed the blender as full as I could and whirled it for a few seconds. I added some lemon juice, sugar and water and had the most delicious watermelon lemonade ever! I made popsicles out of it, then served the rest as a drink. So refreshing and summery.

Labels:

3 comment(s):

Wow the girl goes gourmet on us! LOL
I'm going to try our watermelon lemonaide. Sounds scrumptious!'
IN fact you can just be glad I dont live closer or I'd be right over there tomorrow night for dinner!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 11:19 PM  

That dinner sounds fantastic! I love getting to eat outside during the summer too! (Well, at least when the wind isn't blowing and there aren't too many mosquitoes!_

By Blogger Suzanne, at 9:57 AM  

I'm going to try the Pad Thai. We ove it but since moving to the country we don't have it as often. The lemonade and the cookout sound wonderful. We've lived in our new house for 9 months and we've still not purchased deck furniture. but first we need to build a swingset and sandbox.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home