And together we learn

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Shoes and souls

Chloe knows how to put on her own sandals, but hasn't quite mastered the whole left and right concept. So several times a day, I hear the haunting question, "Mommy, I don't know right from wrong. Will you show me?"

Yes I will. More than anything else, that's what I'm trying to teach you. And every single time she goes to put on her shoes, I'm humbled and overwhelmed at the responsibility God has given me, to teach them right from wrong.

Labels:

3 comment(s):

So beautiful and well said. :)

Citcat has an amazing ability for know right from left but I hear quite a few times a day "Is this correct?" I love how she says that. I will be reminded of what you wrote each time she says it today. I hope I am teaching her what is correct.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 AM  

This is a great analogy! Children can teach us so much, cant they?

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 3:40 PM  

Yes, well said Becca! Sometimes the responsibility of these little ones seems overwhelming, but somehow we'll do it! :)

P.S. If you're interested in attending the Utah Blogfest, please e-mail me at suzannestoatgmaildotcom. I can give you the link for the private blog. (Amanda from Our Lot in Life should be there!)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 1:08 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home