And together we learn

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Last of the France photos

Here's the last of the photos from our trip. We woke very early and went to Avignon and saw the Palais des Papes.

We drove from there to Moustiers St. Marie, through some of the most beautiful countryside I've ever seen. I wish I could blog the smell of the air in this lovely field. So heavenly.

Moustiers is a little town high in the rocky crags of a mountain. So so beautiful.



We drove through the Gorges du Verdon (stunning) on our way to Nice.

We stopped in Grasse and visited some of the perfumeries and perfume museums, then went to Nice. We walked along the Promenade des Anglais, and had dinner at a fun little restaurant. I had rabbit! Tres bien, I must say.

The next day, I was oddly hit by overwhelming jet lag, so I slept much of the day. But it was rainy anyway, so it was ok. Steve explored Cannes while I slept. Then we came home to our darling babies!

Labels: ,

3 comment(s):

Absolutely gorgeous photos!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:11 PM  

What a simply wonderful holiday! SOunds fabulous.

By Blogger theotherbear, at 11:07 PM  

The countryside looks so quaint and peaceful. It just looks like life is so quiet and laid back there. Fantastic photos! I'm sure your kids were glad to have you home. :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 1:36 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home