And together we learn

Friday, May 18, 2007

Our weekend

My poor little Chloe took a tumble off the slide and managed to break her arm. Just a tiny hairline fracture, so it's great, as far as breaks go. She's generally fine during the day, but she's been having some rough nights lately. I think it just aches then, but trying to get any tylenol down here ends up being much much worse than the pain. I promise. Poor baby!



We took the family over the weekend to a cultural heritage fair type thing at the city county building. There were groups from over twenty different countries selling food, playing music and dancing. So fun!! We feasted on Sudanese chicken and spinach with lentils, Tibetan momos, Tongan coconut drinks, pupusas and plaintains from Bolivia (I think), noodles from China, and dessert from Switzerland. YUM!



Labels: ,

6 comment(s):

Aww poor little Chloe! She looks so miserable in that photo one just can't help feeling a rush of sympathy for her! I wonder how long till she learns to milk that look...
:)

By Blogger theotherbear, at 7:00 PM  

Poor Chloe! I agree with theotherbear. She looks so sad in her picture. I hope it heals quickly.

Sounds like a fun event at the cultural heritage fair. It is always fun to try out new foods.

By Blogger Amanda, at 9:50 PM  

I hope your little gal is feeling better soon. Hurting at night is no fun.

The culture festival sounded wonderful. What a great homeschool experience.

The photo of Calvin melts my heart. What a cutie.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 PM  

OK, I am going to call you RIGHT NOW instead of being a lame-o like I've been all week. Give that Chloe a hug from us!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM  

How sad that Chloe broke her arm! Hopefully it doesn't hinder all her water summer activities!

How fun that you got to try so much exotic food. It sounds fabulous! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 3:16 PM  

Aw poor little girl. Tink broke her arm last year and it was awful for all of us. Hope her pain is less by now.

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 4:32 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home