And together we learn

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing Mothers Day. It's always so nice to have a day where the kids are (well, try to be) extra special good. My sweetie Hazel made breakfast by herself for me--cinnamon toast and orange juice. They gave out chocolate truffles in church to all the women (mmmmm) and then my dearest husband and brother made dinner for everyone. They did marinated and grilled salmon, a gorgeous rice pilaf, veggies, and salad. So Good!! It was very very nice to have them do the cooking, so I think that from now on, they're getting the assignments.

Sweet Steve got me such a fun present--a Dyson!


I've been coveting these for a long long time. So fun to use! Truly it pulled stuff out of my carpet that I had no idea were in there. Some may say that a vacuum cleaner isn't an appropriate present, but really, are they kidding me?? I would so much rather have a kick-butt vacuum then chocolates or some knick-knack any day. Don't get me wrong, I love me some flowers every now and then, but for truly welcome gifts, make mine practical.

But anyway, Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful internet friends who's parenting has inspired me to be better. I'm so blessed to have a wonderful mother, and a wonderful mother-in-law, as well as some of the best kids anywhere!!

Labels:

7 comment(s):

I am so jealous. Have fun cleaning!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 AM  

I agree it is an awesome gift. Glad to read that you had a wonderful mother's day.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

Truly a gift from on high! One a mother can really appreciate:) I understand the joy a good vacuum can bring. I was forever struggling because my dog sheds his black hair all over the carpet and my vacuum didn't get it up at all. One night my cousin brought over her old vacuum to give to me because she got a dyson. Her old vacuum was actually a really nice one. It takes up everything including ALL the dog hair! I called her and said, "The words to the Elton John song 'Someone saved my life tonight' kept ringing in my head!" She laughed at me...but it was true!!!:)

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:14 AM  

You got a Dyson! Lucky you! It sounds like you had a fantastic Mother's Day! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 2:09 PM  

Trying not to be jealous! I would love a Dyson. I'm all about practicality too. Flowers and chocolate are nice, but something that lasts and makes life easier, that works for me! So glad that you had a good mother's day1

By Blogger Amanda, at 3:15 PM  

Oooh, I would so love a Dyson!

By Blogger theotherbear, at 7:14 PM  

Chocolate truffles? Can I go to your church?

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 11:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home