And together we learn

Friday, April 20, 2007

Bliss on a fork

I feel so spoiled right now, and so loved. Tomorrow is my (gasp) 30th birthday, and my darlingest husband just took me to the nicest restaurant. --Caution--if gushing, exclamation marks, and superlatives offend, please skip to the next post.

Oh, it was so amazingly good!! And not in the heavy, rich, sit in your stomach kind of way. It was fresh, high-quality perfectly prepared food. The restaurant is way up the canyon, next to a little stream and in the middle of the trees. Talk about ambience! I'd love to see it in the summer when everything is green and gorgeous.

Now just to immortalize the deliciousness, here's what we had.

To start, Key West Jumbo Shrimp,
rice vermicelli salad, edamame,
coconut lemongrass nage

and Steamed Mediterranean Mussels,
sundried tomato-anchovy butter,
grilled bread

Entrees: Rocky Mountain Elk Chop,
saffron potato hash, whole roast shallots, porcini jus

and Bison Tenderloin,
gold potato puree, cambozola,
braised leeks, piperade

Dessert: Almond cake, lavendar tapioca, and rhubarb sorbet


Oh. My. Laws. I am a happy happy girl tonight.

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

It's already Saturday here - so I can wish you happy birthday now and it's not early :)

By Blogger theotherbear, at 10:09 PM  

Happy Birthday! I won't sing.... I think you may want to retain your hearing. But still, Happy Birthday!

By Blogger Vida, at 4:19 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home