And together we learn

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Aaah, I've had my fix

If you listen carefully, you can hear my long sighs of relief to be typing this. The internet, THE INTERNET, PEOPLE, has been (gasp) down for 24 hours. My lifeline. My window to the adult world. Not THAT adult world. The mommy one. The one where I can connect with real people who make me feel like the wiping noses and singing goofy songs bit is actually very worthwhile.

So, I'm back online now, albeit crippledly so. The internet fixy guy who was here was saying things like, "router stuff stuff configure stuff stuff modem stuffety stuff." So the wireless is out until Steve the magnificent comes home to do the stuffety stuff stuff to it. Poor me, suffering with a desktop and no beloved laptop!

Internet woes aside, I have been feeling rotten lately. No energy. No motivation. Blah!! I let us get down to the very last diaper in the whole house, and was saved from a messy situation by wonderful Sarah. Thank you!! I did manage to get to the grocery store and redeem myself as a parent. During this whole no energy streak, I've let the whole meal thing fall very much to the wayside. Unfortunately, with Steve gone, I don't have much of a reason to really cook. My little people, while appreciative of good food, also are just as happy with Top Ramen or scrambled eggs. Why fight that?

So I ordered pizza for them the other night, and was greeted with a flurry of tears from Chloe who sobbed, "But I wanted bloccoli soup so much!" Way to heap on the guilt there, kiddo. (And no, that's not a typo. She is convinced the word is bloccoli.)

Much more to say, but I haven't done the dishes for way too many meals and I need to go use what little remaining energy I have to deal with that.

Labels:

2 comment(s):

Oh my goodness! Whata time you've had! So glad you're connected to us all again! LOL Don't do to much now.

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 7:25 AM  

I would probably cry big tears if my Internet were out for 24 hours. I agree, the blog world really does make mommy life more enjoyable.

My dh takes care of all our technical devices. I should write a post about it. I wouldn't want anyone to think I know what I'm doing. :) Hope Steve returns soon.

I have especially low energy and motivation lately. I've blame it on the weather and bad eating.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home