And together we learn

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Verizon doesn't stand a chance against him

Things have been rough around here for the phones. Calvin seems to have it out for anything with a dial tone, and he's taking this vendetta pretty seriously. now granted, all these incidents are completely my own fault and could have been avoided, but still!!

We took Steve to the airport this morning at the crack of dawn. When I got home I was TIRED. We piled on the bed for a round of cartoons while I snoozed. Well, I thought Calvin was snuggled up next to me. Apparently not! When I got up, he was sitting happily on the kitchen counter with an open jar of peanut butter, various kitchen implements that he'd dragged out, a bag of tortilla chips, and a pitcher of Crystal Light. Floating eerily in the punch were chips, spoons...and the phone. Yeah, that one is pretty much dead. It wasn't quite as grisly as the end for the digital camera, but it still drowned in aspartame. Yuck.

Then this afternoon, after church, I went to the bathroom. When I came out, my cell phone was stuffed deep into the jar of peanut butter. Fortunately for it's little pink Razor self, the peanut butter didn't suffocate it, and it's fine. I should have gotten pictures, but I didn't realize that there was going to be a theme for the day. Oy.

Of course, I've learned my lesson. Never go to the bathroom while Calvin is on the loose. That, and come to grips with the fact that there is no place anywhere in my kitchen where I can leave things unattended. Dang it!!

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

I can sympathise. My worst mobile phone incident was my own fault, caused when I dropped a mobile into the toilet. After I had just gone in it. Without thinking I grabbed in and fished it out. Then thought "EEEW, WEE!" I took it home to ask hubby how to fix it. His first question was "Did you rinse the wee off???" Er, nope, I had not. It did work again but I never felt the same about it. At least you can blame your troubles on a toddler :)

By Blogger theotherbear, at 7:17 PM  

Boys are strange little creatures. :)

By Blogger Jenn, at 3:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home