And together we learn

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spontaneity

Steve is incredibly spontaneous. Me, not quite so much. This past week, his spontaneity won and we had an amazing adventure. Since he travels so much, any chances we have to see him are like gold. So on Tuesday he called and told me to meet him in LA...the next day. I switched our schedule around, packed, and got there Wednesday night.

Can you guess where we went on Thursday??



Disneyland!!!

We were thinking that a Thursday in mid March would be an excellent, slow time to check out the Magic Kingdom. Apparently so did a LOOOOT of other people. It was packed!! But despite the crowds, we were able to pack it in and have a wonderful time.

We met some of our dearest friends there--here are my girls with their little girl, Kiana on the Small World ride. I love that one!!


The next day we went down to San Diego to go to Legoland. The pace there is much slower and it is the perfect park for 3 to 7 ish kids. My three had a great time, until they got a little bit overloaded. Fortunately, we got all our tickets for both parks on craigslist, so leaving early didn't have quite the 'ouch' factor.



Chloe went into full scale meltdown towards the end of the second day, and I took this picture right before she told me, "I just can't play any more."



It was interesting to hear such a tiny girl articulate that out of control feeling of just being done. So we went back to the hotel and vegged, then came home on Saturday. Perfect little quick whirlwind trip.

Labels: ,

6 comment(s):

Oh, it sounds like you had so much fun. The photos are marvelous. I am wondering how far you are from LA. Packing up and driving even a couple of hours would put me in a tailspin of "overload." I am glad you followed your dear husband's lead.

I too am amazed when my dd can articulate exactly what is wrong or how she feels.

Good to know Legoland is fun for the younger kids.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:30 AM  

What fun! Your poor little girl. I just cant play anymore sums it all up! We as adults need to learn to say that. We wouldnt be so overbooked if we realized when we were too tired to play!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 7:49 AM  

Wow! Lucky you. I wish I could pack up and go to Disneyland. But it's a bit far to go on the spur of the moment as it is about a 14 or 15 hour flight. Still, isn't it a FUN place to go! When last in LA I went to Disneyland, Magic Mountain and California Adventure all in 2 days. Wow. I think there is a photo of me (as an adult) looking exactly like your daughter. I vividly remember saying to my husband just before he took the photo "But I'm tired, I don't WANT to smile!"

By Blogger theotherbear, at 4:11 PM  

Now this is a perfect, perfect example of enjoying the journey, no matter when and where it takes you!

I am supremely jealous! :)

By Blogger TheNormalMiddle, at 4:43 PM  

Wow! This post was great =) Love you guys

By Blogger Emily Jane Price, at 12:24 PM  

hey found your link on the wordless wednesday blogroll and stopped by. your children are gorgeous and the last photo is priceless!!! looks like you have a fun family. :)

happy blogging!
-macoosh:)

By Blogger Macoosh, at 4:29 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home