And together we learn

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Chloe's been bearing her testimony lately. A lot. Two weeks ago, on Fast Sunday, Hazel popped up off the bench and went up to bear her testimony. Then she came back, got Chloe, and whispered in her ear what to say. AND I MISSED IT!!! I was home sick!

Steve and I haven't wanted her to get up in church until she really does have a testimony, and really knows what she wants so say. So when I asked Hazel what she said, she said, "Oh, what all the kids say. That's what starters do."

(For those who don't have a clue what I'm talking about, once a month there is a church meeting devoted to people sharing their testimonies with the congregation. For some reason, children who get up tend to say the exact same lines, in exactly the same sing-songy cadence, and it's very funny.)

So Chloe's been, umm, practicing this whole concept. Tonight, this is the testimony she gave to the filing cabinet (I was surreptiously taking notes behind her).

"I'd like to bear my testimony, and I know that 6, 7, 8, is true (she was holding a calculator). The light that Jesus gave me is here, and this ummmm century is true, and a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, and I know that zero is a hero (from Schoolhouse Rock, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Hmmmmm. Maybe we'd better spend some time on the gospel basics!!!

Labels:

4 comment(s):

This is a delightful story. You are so fortunate to be raising your children with faith in their lives!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  

Isn't that precious? :)

By Blogger TheNormalMiddle, at 8:23 AM  

How sweet! That's great that you wrote it down or it may have been hard to remember everything that she said. Just so sweet! :D

By Blogger Suzanne, at 8:28 AM  

That is so funny!
That should be published somewhere it't just toooo goood!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 9:13 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home