And together we learn

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Redemption, and a messy ending for a beloved camera

Yesterday and today was the General Conference for the church, where all the members gather to listen to the prophet and apostles. It was so powerful and beautiful. There always seems to be a theme that comes out, and this time the theme that stood out to me is the need to know that the Savior lives, and that He is very aware of our trials. Also, that He is ALWAYS there with arms outstretched, waiting for us to come to Him.

Each Conference I get the girls a couple of quiet new toys to play with while we watch, and they were very excited to get started. I was upstairs putting the baby down for a nap when the first session started yesterday, and I walked in during the middle of the opening prayer. Instead of seeing them playing with their coveted toys, my two little girls were kneeling down, eyes closed, arms folded, perfectly quiet. Made me cry. Even after days like Friday, there come these wonderful moments that lift me back up again, and make me realize that with the Lord's help, I can do this!

We have this family tradition during Conference of all cross stitching together, for all 8 hours, with beautiful food to munch on. It's so much fun to sit there with my mom and sisters and feel the spirit and get rejuvenated spiritually. Can you tell this was a very good weekend for me? Awesome.

There is some sad news to relate, though. There will not be any pictures for a while, because my camera just met with a sad, grisly, awful death. One year old baby without much judgement, camera, toilet with the lid up that is filled with poo from 3 yr old's unflushed job....and the three met. Bad results. Poor camera--that's not the way I'd wish to go.

2 comment(s):

What a dreadful thing to happen to the camera. I think the worst bit would have been plunging in afterwards to get it. Although I must admit I chuckled at the thought!

I had a toilet accident with my mobile phone once (fell out of my back pocket) and it was horrible. I had to plunge straight in after it and rinse it off and pray it worked afterwards as it was a work phone.

It did work, and I swapped it with someone else's phone who coveted the model I had, without telling them it had been in the loo. Mean I know, but I knew they were getting a replacement in 2 weeks time so it all ended well!

By Blogger theotherbear, at 6:00 PM  

So sorry about your camera!!

moms, we've lots all dignity long ago...

have a great week,
Jenny in Ca

By Blogger Hen Jen, at 9:44 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home