And together we learn

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Of flowers and fish


It's starting out like this, but the goal is to end up with this.



Now if I can just keep it watered, we should be in business.


For my wonderful birthday this year, my children gave me two beta fish. Because they just love me like that. Actually, I got off easy--they set out to buy a rabbit. But at the same moment Steve was looking at the poor bunny and imagining its certain quick demise under our care, I was doing a quick read on rabbit care. The sentence stating that, "Owning a house rabbit is like making the commitment to have a two year old child for the next 5-7 years," struck terror in my heart. I panicked and called him, yelling, "No rabbit, PLEASE!!"

So instead, I got birthday fish. Named by my girls, prosaically, John and Sarah.

This morning as I walked in the kitchen, I found Calvin feeding the fish. Feeding them huge handfuls of Frosted Mini Wheats and Honey Oat Flakes. Lucky, lucky fish. They survived, but aren't we all so glad they're betas and not bunnies?

Labels:

4 comment(s):

The flowers look pretty. I love flowers, but I'm still trying to figure out how to grow them without killing them.

That is funny about he fish. Lucky you didn't get a rabbit. No way would I want a two year old around the house for 5 to 7 years!!!!

Happy Belated birthday by the way! :)

By Blogger Amanda, at 9:51 AM  

I just planted some pots too. Oh my that is frightening about the cereal and the fish! LOL

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 7:37 PM  

Yep, Betas are great! We had one for over two years and it only died after an unfortunate bleach accident...

I'm sure your flowers will look great in no time! L)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 4:15 PM  

That is too funny!

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home