And together we learn

Thursday, June 07, 2007

More

The second full day of the trip we went exploring Aix en Provence. It's my favorite city in France. When I was 17, my grandparents were the mission presidents for my church in Marseille, which means that they lived there and oversaw the mission there for 3 years. I got to stay with them right after high school for 4 months. It was a wonderful, amazing experience, so I was very grateful to be able to return. Aix is a dear spot to me, with many many happy memories.

We wandered around, saw the markets, explored the little streets and shops.



In so many of the little towns, you'll round a corner and stumble on a fountain, or statue, or little courtyard area. So beautiful!


We went to the little port city of Cassis for dinner that evening. The weather was windy, but crystal clear and invigorating. Cassis was one of the very prettiest places we went the whole time.





Don't worry, it was a short trip. Just a few days left!

Labels: ,

3 comment(s):

Beautiful pictures! It looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 1:51 PM  

I do so wish I could take a trip like this. It just sounds divine!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 9:01 AM  

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Maybe someday I'll get there....

By Blogger Amanda, at 8:32 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home