And together we learn

Monday, June 18, 2007

The noisiest addition to our library



Look at this beautiful book I got while we were at the Metropolitan Museum!! Isn't it fun? I've wanted to do a big bird study--I've been inspired by so many of you and what you're doing. This looks like such a fun place to start. Tonight I heard a bird through the open window, and since I spent some time playing with the book the other day, I knew immediately what bird it was! This is important because I've never done it before. I was so excited to recognize a bird by sound. My first....starling. Oh well, it's a start!

Labels:

5 comment(s):

I love it! I have been wanting something like that all year.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:04 AM  

We have a feeder and bath right out our kitshen window and spend quite a bit of time watching the birds. It gives a person a good feeling somehow.

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 8:29 AM  

How fun! Don't you just love the museum bookstore?! I could spend a fortune in there. They have so many cool things that would be great for enhancing homeschool!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 PM  

I think Sarah recommended this book sometime ago and I book marked it to purchase. You've inspired me to place my Amazon order. The book does seem to make it simple.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:31 PM  

How fun! I'm not very good at identifying birds so that would be a great book to get! :)

P.S. If you would like more info about Blogfest 2007, just e-mail me at suzannestoatgmaildotcom!

By Blogger Suzanne, at 4:33 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home