And together we learn

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

And we're back...yet again!

I promise, this is the last time you'll have to read these words this summer! We crammed all possible vacations into the month of June--France, New York, and most recently, California. For the rest of the summer, we'll be enjoying our time here at home. At least, that's the plan for now. Steve will most likely end up taking another couple of trips. Me--I've most firmly decided that I am DONE WITH VACATION!! Especially when it involves schlepping our traveling circus around.

This last trip was amazingly fun!! It wasn't nearly as stressful as the New York trip was. Steve's family lives in the Bay Area, so it's just plain fun to be there. Steve and I lived in the Bay Area when we were first married, so it always feels like going home to be there.

We packed so much into this trip. We spent a day on the beach in Monterey, where it was cold, but clear and beautiful. Perfect for sandcastles and naps.




Of course there was lots and lots of swimming, because what good summer vacation doesn't include hours at the pool?



We stopped by the mission of San Juan Bautista for a quick tour of the mission and chapel. So interesting! My cute girls wander around oohing and aaahing over the artifacts. Their curiosity and interest never ceases to amaze me. The gardens were amazing. There was a 25 foot tall cactus!


We went to a rodeo in a little town where Steve's old buddy is a cowboy. One who commutes to work in Silicon Valley, but definitely a cowboy at heart. We spent a day at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, listening to the drum circles and riding the carousel. We stayed at a hotel in S.F. (Priceline, how I love thee!) that had a straight view of the Coit Tower and the bay. So incredible!!

We hung out with family and old friends, and had a simply wonderful time. But I'll admit, I'm so so so so glad to be home for good. I'm much more of a homebody than Steve is. Plus, it takes me so long to get back into the rhythm of things back at home. We've been doing laundry and recovering today. Back to real life now!

4 comment(s):

Welcome back, friend. I'm crazily getting ready for the big one....laundry laundry laundry. Bleck.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 AM  

We're also done with our vacations for the summer! We crammed them all in June and now I can kick back and relax the rest of the summer.

It sounds like you had a fantastic time! Good luck getting your laundry done. I don't know why it seems to take so much longer after a vacation.

If you're interested in coming to the Utah Blogfest, check out my comment on your last post! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 1:18 PM  

You get around!! Sounds like a great trip, though. I always tell dh I need a vacation to recover from the vacation. Ours are always crammed as well. It does take a while to get back into routines. Good luck with the laundry.

Gorgeous photos, btw!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 PM  

Goodness girl you keep disappearing on us!

Glad you had fun!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 9:01 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home