And together we learn

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fireworks and kissin cousins

Camped out on the grass, shaded by huge trees in a magnificent park. Aunts, uncles, cousins, my sisters and brothers, nieces, and Grandma. Watermelon, blueberries, boardgames, frisbees and kickball. Aaaaah. This is the sweet life.

Calvin and his little cousin Jane played a couple killer games of peek-a-boo.



My girls are decked out in their festive 4th apparel. How many more years do I get to dress them alike in themed clothing? With matching hair ribbons, no less?


The fireworks were incredible. The kids oohed and aaahed, but Calvin wasn't so thrilled. He spread his little chubby fingers over his eyes, and didn't move them the entire. time. of the fireworks show. But nestled in his daddy's arms, wrapped in his own special 'mimi' blanket, you could hardly feel too bad for him.

Hazel sleepily confided in me on the ride home that her little 7 year old cousin has a girlfriend.
"Who?" I asked, knowing pretty well what the answer would be.
"Me!"
"Did he tell you this?"
At this point she grinned delightedly and hid behind the hair that fell in front of her face.
"I just know, because (in a stage whisper) we were holding hands under the blanket!"

I'm not ready for this!! But it was just so dang cute how she said it!!!

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

It sounds like you had a great holiday! I like to dress my boys the same too. I'll keep doing it as long as they let me... :D

By Blogger Suzanne, at 10:12 PM  

how sweet - and the girls look so cute dressed alike! I remember hating it when my mum did that to me and my sis, but it just looks so dang cute!!

By Blogger theotherbear, at 1:24 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home