And together we learn

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Repent, Mom!

Last night, putting the kids to bed for about the 17th time, I lost it. No more nice mommy. I hollered at them, "I'm tired of this!!! GET in bed and stay there no matter what!!!!"

Well, my Chloe doesn't enjoy my yelling so much, She (predictably) collapsed into a little heap and looked up at me defiantly. "God is ANGRY with you, Mommy!! You need to be nice to your children! God and Jesus are MAD!"

Wrath of God, wrath of a four year old, I've got it on all sides.

Labels:

5 comment(s):

It sounds like you've had a rough day! Doesn't it seem like the world is conspiring against us sometimes? ***sigh*** Hopefully things are better soon! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 10:15 AM  

Oh thats adorable! Out of the mouth of babes!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 10:37 AM  

I dunno...I say God and Jesus might be more mad with little ones that won't go to sleep, exhausting their mommies to the point of loud outbursts...I mean, Jesus did use his loud voice to kick misbehaving folks out of his temple afterall..eh? Love you Bec

By Blogger Jevan, at 12:04 AM  

So sorry to read this. I know how difficult it is to think you have gotten kids to bed only to be called back within the hour. Ugh...I know you must be feeling terrible about what Chole said but it is really funny. I hope they go to bed and stay there this evening.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  

Oh, {[[hugs}}}. We all have days like that (evenings, too!) The nice thing is knowing that God also has grace, and that we have the opportunity to extend His loving grace. I love those little ones. :-)

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 6:21 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home