And together we learn

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A few letters make all the difference

I try to really monitor the kinds of things my kids are exposed to. We watch PBS cartoons on tv, pretty much exclusively. We listen to kids and classical music (except when Steve is in charge of the radio). Things are pretty G-rated around here.

Which is why I was so concerned the other day after spending the day with a friend and her kids. She has a couple of older boys, then kids my kids' ages. She's even more sheltering than I am, so when I heard Hazel walking around saying, "I'm L--'s Little Beyonce", I about fainted. What on earth? How has this pop culture-y, immodest stuff penetrated into our little world?

Fortunately, I figured it out. Fiancee, NOT Beyonce!

I can handle playing house. Playing pop diva, however, I can't deal with quite as much!

Labels:

3 comment(s):

Oh my that is sorta funny. Mind if I laugh?

I agree. Tink always wants to play like she's Hannah Montana. She wants to go to her concert because several of her friends are. She cant understand why I wont let her no matter how I try to explain it. When you're almost 11 things are just so unfair!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 9:25 PM  

Don't worry, Mrs. D., I laughed all day!

By Blogger Becca, at 9:36 PM  

ROFLOL! Oh, that one's going to have me chuckling all day! How funny.

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 10:28 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home