And together we learn

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

In which my inner tightwad is revealed

It's been a good kind of frugal week-- blessings all over the place!! I had the chance to go thrift store shopping alone. If I have all three kids in tow, I can barely handle the necessary trips to the bank and grocery store. Anything not necessary to basic survival is just not worth it. So much as I want to be a thrift-store bargain-finding kind of gal, it really hasn't happened yet.

I got to go to my favorite consignment store and I found some of the most fabulous little shirts for Hazel, a Gymboree dress for $2.50, brand new snow boots for Calvin, oh, it was beautiful.



After that, I had to make a donation at our local thrift store, and I had time to run in and check out the books.

Understood Betsy
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Just So Story
Five Little Peppers
My Antonia
Teaching Children Values
Indian in the Cupboard
Mrs. Piggle Wiggle
The Hundred Dresses, and lots more.

So many blessings!

But the best tightwad deal of the week is $.09 cent cans of tuna. And I'm blogging this because every single person can go to Target and get this same deal. At target.com there is a coupon you can print out for .50 off Starkist tuna. Well, the price is only .59 a can normally. So there you have it. I got 50 cans today, for $4.50!!

5 comment(s):

Okay, did you go through the line 50 times then? My coupon says limit 1 ... how did you do it?!

By Blogger Brandie, at 11:03 AM  

No, I had 50 copies of the coupon--4 to a page. I just piled all 50 cans up and the lady didn't bat an eye.

By Blogger Becca, at 12:31 PM  

Woo hoo! That is some incredible savings going on there. There is always a rush when one gets finds some literary treasures for a song. Good for you!

By Blogger Hannah, at 8:09 PM  

Yay! The only thing better than getting cute clothes is getting them for a deal! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 8:53 PM  

Okay Becca ... dh and I are armed with coupons.
We are going to buy a bunch, keep half and donate half (which is awesome because we don't have tons of cash to give, but we can use this coupon and pass it on to the local food pantry) So THANK YOU for sharing =)

By Blogger Brandie, at 8:54 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home