And together we learn

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ice cream

A neighbor of mine recently had a new baby after a difficult pregnancy--4 months of bed rest (she has 3 older kids) so she needed lots of help. People are always so wonderful, so there were meals brought in, kids shuttled to where they needed to be, and lots of support. Well, she wrote an essay explaining why ours is the best neighborhood in America and won the prize of an ice cream party for the whole neighborhood.

My kids are sticky, sweaty and exhausted after an evening of chasing friends in the twilight. There were about 20 families there--so incredibly fun to relax with neighbors and take a break from our busy lives.

The other night we were trying to decide how to best savor the box of raspberries we got from this week's CSA haul. Hazel and I decided that they'd be best spooned over vanilla ice cream. She cocked her head to one side and said, "and I think a sprig of mint, don't you?"

Yup, she's my kid all right!!

Labels:

2 comment(s):

I love how neighbors and ward members pull together when someone needs extra help. It's one of the best feelings in the world. How fun that you guys got an ice cream treat because of it!

Good luck with starting school with your kids! I'm sure you have some wonderful lessons planned out! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 7:42 AM  

How fun for your neighborhood. That's awesome!! Bet the ice cream was good too.

Have you started school yet? Your plan sounds great.

By the way, I just tagged you to get to know you a little better, if you care to participate. Check out my post at http://cellista.wordpress.com/2007/08/23/4-things-about-me/

Kristiana

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home