And together we learn

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Bliss on a slice of bread

So I posted the list of veggies--now I have to tell you what we've done with them. Mmmmmm. We've been eating so well this week!

Tonight I grilled some chicken and then did a squash orzo. Since Chloe won't eat zucchini (or so she thinks) I camouflage it. So, one package orzo, cooked. Saute an onion with a bunch of garlic and a chicken bouillon cube, then when the onions are soft add about 2-3 zucchini/squash, grated. Cook until soft. Add a bunch of chopped herbs--I did oregano and sage, but anything would work. Combine the squash mixture and the orzo, then add 1/4 cup grated parmesan.

Incredible. The kids gobbled it up, and never even thought about the hidden zucchini.

But the best meal by far (to date) was last night. I found it in my favorite Cooking Light. Once I read the recipe, I knew we had to have it.

Grilled eggplant, grilled red onions, grilled italian bread spread thick with aioli, tomato, and a pile of greens.

My sister and BIL were over, and the four of us just ooohed and aaahed our way through dinner. Summer on a plate--words don't really do it justice. So INCREDIBLE!!!

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

Oh my goodness, that sounds divine, but then your recipes always do! How fun that you're able to enjoy so many things from your own garden. :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 7:06 AM  

Sounds delicious! I am always looking for new ways to use up our bounteous squash harvest!

By Blogger Amanda, at 5:31 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home