And together we learn

Monday, August 06, 2007

Getting to know you...

We've been on a quest lately to get to know people in our neighborhood a little better. To that end, we invited three families over for dessert last night. So we had the eight adults and our combined thirteen children over.

The day before, I'd hung some laundry up on the deck railing to dry, and asked Steve to retrieve it when it was dry. I didn't pay much attention to the pile of dry laundry. Unfortunately.

While all the adults were socializing upstairs on the deck, Steve sidled over to me and in a sideways whisper relayed the following: "Your bra is on the grass downstairs!"

Sure enough, smack dab in the middle of the yard, where all the children were playing and right underneath our guests--my big old brassiere.

If the goal was for the neighbors to get to know us better--mission accomplished!!

Labels:

4 comment(s):

My bra flew off the line on the balcony and got stuck on the brickwork of the house. I noticed it when I got home from work and saw it from the street where everyone else in the neighbourhood surely did too.

By Blogger theotherbear, at 12:10 AM  

I wish you could have heard my laugh when I read that. What a great way to start my day. Too funny.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:30 AM  

Oh my word! I would have died on the spot! And other bear, how indredibly funny.

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 6:56 AM  

You always make me laugh. What a great goal. I'll have to remember this one. Dessert is a great idea as well.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home