And together we learn

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Parties and aftermath

There's just too much to write. Where to start....

Yesterday was Steve's birthday, so we had a huge party with 30 people and wonderful amazing food. Even though my kitchen floor is at an all time new level of stickiness, it was well worth it. And today? Well, let's just say that I'm not used to staying up until 3, nor my children used to an 11 pm bedtime. 'Nuff said.

My sweet sister Stephanie was invited to a barbecue with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. They had karaoke. KARAOKE with Mo-Tab!! This is priceless. I wanted her to go undercover to get some pictures for me, but she demurred. She did, however, get to rock out with the choir. Too funny!!

I was talking to Hazel yesterday and really focusing on her and our conversation. That's always a mistake. Because when you're giving one child you're attention, that means that there are others unsupervised. Calvin unsupervised. He climbed onto the counter and got the bunch of bananas and threw them to the floor. Banana free for all! He unpeeled them all, stuffed a couple into his bottle, smashed some more, and had a glorious time. I came out and saw his little guilty face and ordered him to start cleaning. I stepped over the mess, careful to avoid stepping on any of the squishiness, and my heel came down on a peel. People, I slipped on a banana peel!!!

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home