And together we learn

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Lessons

I was recently released from my calling as Nursery leader and called to teach R.S.

In non-LDS speak, this means that my service position in my church changed from working with the 2-3 year olds to teaching a lesson once a month to the women's organization. I adore the toddlers, but woo-hoo!! I've missed the grown-up interaction on Sundays.

So today was my first lesson. Topic: Reverence.

I was trying to prepare, gather my thoughts, etc, but Hazel was wanting some attention. I tried to appeal to her sense of reason to leave me alone for a few minutes.
"Which lesson do you think is harder to prepare--one for the toddlers or one for the mommies?"

She thought for a second and replied, "The toddlers--they have so much more to learn!"

So true. Sometimes it takes a child to point out the obvious. Oh, and the lesson went great, btw.

4 comment(s):

that is my favorite calling!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 AM  

I'm glad that your lesson went well! How cute that you asked your girl for the answer! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 4:40 PM  

Becca, You are so blessed being in the LDS faith. One of my good IRL friends is LDS and I am always interested in the positioning and placement of young men and women or in LDS speak, Sisters and Brothers? I didn't realize that some young people are sent to do mission internationally and some domestic. I had a real nice chat with two young men who visited us recently. More guys, I was really only a desperate mommy looking for some semi adult interaction. The older I get the more these young people seem like kids. lol.

Enjoy your new calling. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 PM  

I miss RS! One of my favorite callings was RS teacher. Now I am in the nursery. The lesson prep is less intense that is for sure, but not any less important! :)

By Blogger Amanda, at 5:29 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home