And together we learn

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tender Mercies

It was a standard morning around here. Chores, scriptures, getting dressed and doing some school. Kids running in and out of the house playing. I had great plans to do a lemonade stand with my girls, and that's about the total of our ambitions.

12:30, a whisper of a thought passed through my mind. "Hazel, Liberty Girls".

Hazel is in a club for homeschooled girls based on the American Girl books. It's absolutely fabulous, and has been such a great experience for her. They were having a huge end of the year retreat for all the chapters. An all-day, pre-paid, much-anticipated retreat.

And it was today.

My heart dropped as I realized that she'd most likely missed it. I checked my email for the details, and it started at 1. I read this at 12:30. I got her ready in a flash, and Steve was home and available to drive her to it.

Waves of gratitude washed over me as I realized that the Lord cares enough about a little girl's happiness to remind me gently about this activity for her. He will compensate for my failures because he loves us. Humbling, and so beautiful to think that we are known so individually by a loving Heavenly Father.

Labels:

3 comment(s):

What a close call! I know how fabulous those activities are because my kids do them too and they cannot be missed. I forgot to take my son to one this year where they were flying in an airplane! Luckily my friend called me wondering where we were so I was able to get him over there before he missed it.

By Blogger Lara, at 10:12 AM  

Wow, thank you for narrating the little graces from God. Awesome.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 PM  

Hey Becca,

I have these same kind of gentle reminders too - most of the time it is for piano lessons with like 5 minutes to spare. I am glad Hazel made it last week! All the girls seemed to have a great time.

-Michelle

By Blogger Michelle, at 6:10 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home