And together we learn

Saturday, June 07, 2008

LIfe in suburbia

We took my mom out to dinner tonight for her birthday. Since it's a Saturday night, the place was packed and there was an hour wait. We were in one of those ginormous, has-every-store-under-the-sun type of places, so we decided to walk to Barnes and Noble to kill some time before dinner.

While walking back to the restaurant, Chloe looked up at me and asked, "Are we in New York?"

"Ummm, no, we're in Utah, honey. Why do you ask?"

Her reply: "We're walking someplace."


OUCH! If that isn't the definition of life in suburbia articulated by a four year old!

Labels:

1 comment(s):

That is too funny!! I know exactly what she means though. We like to travel to places that require walking alot as well like NYC. I love it and then always feel like such a sloth when I get home and drive to the library.
3 blocks away.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home