And together we learn

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Nesting and sunshine

Where to even start????

Such an amazing day today. 75 degrees and absolutely glorious outside--we spent the whole day soaking in the sun. My sisters came to hang out, I met with my doula who's wonderful, then we turned on the sprinklers and the kids ran around in their bathing suits while I weeded. I'd forgotten the beauty of little squealing bodies and splashing water. So fun!!

Then on a whim, we ran inside and made up a batch of chocolate chip cookies to take to a neighbor with a new baby. I started itching to hold a newborn, so off we went for a walk with a plateful of cookies. Oh so cute!!! There's something so magic about a new baby, and holding him made me so excited to meet my own small boy.

We went up to my mom's and we made dinner together while the kids played. Her neighbor just got a truckload of topsoil delivered, so after dinner the kids played in the dirt for an hour. Shovels, trucks, a couple of dinosaurs, and 7 kids. Absolute bliss. This is what childhood is all about.

Home again, where we planted some bean plants then a quick (desperately needed) bath. They couldn't wait to get into bed!!

So that was our day. I'm feeling absolutely fantastic lately. I have so much energy, and I'm not nearly miserable enough to be 38 weeks along. My chiropractor is truly amazing. My ribs don't hurt anymore!!!!! There aren't enough exclamation points to convey just how monumental this is. And my pelvis is perfectly aligned and I can move with complete freedom from pain. So incredible. My chiropractor is actually going to attend the birth. Yippee!

I must be nesting. So far in the last few days, I've done the dreaded clothing swap out for all the kids, washed and put away 7 loads of laundry, sorted and washed the baby clothes, weeded for hours, homeschooled with aplomb, and generally been a bundle of energy. I even washed the girls' bedding and quilts AND line-dried them. But let me just say that if Dante had only known, he would have made a special level of hell for poor souls condemned to eternally change the bedding on twin bunkbeds while nine months pregnant. Whooo! That wasn't so fun.

But holy cow! By the end of everything tonight, I was about ready to collapse. I got the kids in bed barely, grabbed a hot pack for my lower back, and fell into bed to veg out with American Idol and my laptop. So so nice. And so my friends, I'll post next when the next wild swing of emotion hits. I'm sure it won't be long!

Labels:

2 comment(s):

Sounds fabulous! I wish I was feeling so good!

By Blogger Lara, at 11:53 AM  

I can't believe you did all of that in one day. I'm trying to limit myself to sleeping time, computer time and making meals for the kids. If I can actually get all of that done then I fell good about myself.

By Blogger Jen, at 7:27 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home