And together we learn

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Rachael Ray I'm NOT!

I seem to be in some kind of major bloggy funk lately. Sorry.

About 3 months ago I was asked to teach a class on Indian cooking to about 25 of the women in my ward. Sure!! No problem! It's very easy to say yes to things occurring 3 months in the future. It's amazing how fast the future creeps into the present!

So last night I played Rachael Ray and did a cooking demonstration. I made Chicken Tikka Masala, a lentil dal, yogurt raita, saag aloo, and a spicy beef dish. YUM! It all turned out delicious, and for that I was oh so relieved. I have this really bad habit of trying brand new recipes whenever I cook for people. The saag aloo I was making during the demonstration was an untested recipe. That could have been disastrous, but thankfully it turned out really good.

Yesterday I was getting Calvin out of the tub, and I slipped on the wet bathroom floor while I was carrying his little wet self. As I went down, I felt my very pregnant pelvis do all kinds of not good things. An emergency trip to my wonderful chiro kept me walking yesterday, but the whole cook for 6 hours straight didn't help things at all. Can't move today!!!

Since yesterday was April Fool's Day, I woke my kids up with a surprise breakfast of ice cream with chocolate sauce. They thought that was undoubtedly the funniest thing they'd ever seen, and I won some major good mom points. No good nutrition points, but one breakfast a year isn't going to kill them!

2 comment(s):

Oh no, Becca. I gasped when I read this. I hope you are receiving some help with the children. Take care of yourself!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 PM  

Oh!!!! I hope you're ok :) The food sounds fabulous though, and I could go for some ice cream for breakfast.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home