And together we learn

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Unpleasant surprises

We had Steve home for a beautiful few hours, then it was off to the airport again. I'm very accustomed to the rhythm of our lives during his work season--he's generally gone during the weeks and home for a night or two over the weekend. It works for us and is overall really manageable.

Well, I'm not dealing well right now!! When I was re-packing his suitcase, I asked how many days clothes he needed. "10."

Me: "WHAT???????"

I don't know how I missed this one, but he's going to be gone for 10 long days. After a visit home for just hours. If I'm mentally prepared, I can do anything, but for some reason I just didn't realize what his schedule was looking like. I'm not prepared for 10 days without him!! So if the blog contains maniacal rantings in a couple of days, you'll know the reason.

But it's not all bad. When he's gone, I can do things like watch Pride and Prejudice without him making fun. It just barely finished on PBS, and I'm still smiling. Isn't Colin Firth just the most perfect Mr. Darcy imaginable??

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home