And together we learn

Friday, February 08, 2008

Surprises

Steve's traveling season has started, so we're in a continual pick-him-up/drop-him-off cycle around here. So today we piled in the car to pick him up as usual, and the kids thought everything was normal.

What the kids did not know was that we weren't picking up just Daddy, but also a much-beloved Grandma Amy here for a surprise visit!!!

Hazel was watching so intently for Daddy, she didn't even notice her dear Grandma walk right in front of her. When I directed her eyes over, Hazel just about fell on the floor laughing and hugging. So fun!!

We all went to dinner at one of our favorite places (Calvin ate a plateful of arugula dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. Weird kid), and tomorrow is bowling day. But there's more. While everyone is bowling, I'm going to the craft store. Alone. AND Target! Alone again!!! What luck!

Surprises are great fun. The kids are sure delighted with this one!

Labels: ,

4 comment(s):

My kid grandmother was here allweeken but now she leaves in the morning.

That was such a sweet surprise. You should have gotten a pic!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 8:57 PM  

Nice surprise indeed! :)
I am inviting you to check out my new mom blog directory to list your blog, and I have a fab purse contest going on as well. Thank you! :)
www.hipmamasplace.com

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:47 PM  

Oh, and grandmas make the Best Surprises!

Have fun at the craft store and Target. I love to go alone, but often find that I get so easily distracted I come home w/o the majority of what I went to get in the first place. LOL. Take a list!! ;-)

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 6:52 AM  

How wonderful!! I love "Grandma Amy," too. Send my love.

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:59 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home