And together we learn

Saturday, January 05, 2008

What's in a name?

So we have this baby coming in a few months. All is good, we're excited, got the new van, everything is falling into place. Except for the tricky little detail of naming. Honestly, with the differences that Steve and I have on this issue, it's a miracle our other children even have names. This baby might not be so fortunate.

The reason? I'm bringing names to the table like Elliot, Ezra, Martin, Walter, or Oliver.

Steve's top picks??? And NO I am not making this up--Buster or Gomez.

Seriously.

He's not kidding, pulling my leg, or trying to be funny. Buster. That's not a name--it's an insult!!!

What to do?

Labels:

5 comment(s):

Ya, husbands are like that. My husband had a plan to name all our children after colors. I had to knock that one out of him real fast. He also tried to name our last baby Betty. Nope!

By Blogger Lara, at 9:38 PM  

Sssh dont tell nayone. But do you know Peters real name is Walter? Go for that one. Its a good solid name!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 10:21 PM  

Mrs. D, I knew he was Wally from your old site, but I didn't know that was short for Walter. I love it. And if only it were up to me--that's one of my top picks. But this husband of mine...well, it's not going to be too easy!

By Blogger Becca, at 8:11 AM  

Buster???
Gomez???

Hope you win this fight...

By Blogger theotherbear, at 6:53 PM  

Hee hee. I hadn't heard about Gomez yet. Oh Becca, you gotta love Steve. We all love Steve.

By Blogger Jevan, at 11:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home