And together we learn

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Movies successful, and movies not so much

After a perfectly wonderful morning shopping with my two sisters, I came home to take the kids to see Enchanted. I've heard nothing but rave reviews, so we were way excited to go. But, Steve ended up not being able to go, so I decided to go by myself. First large mistake.

There were four other people in the whole theater, so at least I didn't have to worry about disturbing too many people with my crew. Normally Calvin is great in movies, so I didn't think there would be a problem. Oh, how naive I am!! The previews were "so scawwy" (they really were!), then when the movie started, well that was scawwy too. Emphatically 'scawwy'. Loudly, vocally, obnoxiously scawwy.

So I took Calvin out, got a refund, and took the protesting girls home. We'll try that again later when we can divide and conquer!

Later, to redeem the day's planned Christmas activity, we had a dinner picnic. We made apple raspberry muffins and hot cocoa for dinner and ate them while watching 'Santa Claus is coming to town.' So much fun with my sweet babies!

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

I'm glad they gave you a refund. But you must return. I didn't see it, but my daughter LOVED it.

By Blogger Jenn, at 6:20 AM  

Thanks for the warning, my daughter would probably also find it scawwy (I love that!).

By Blogger MyKidsMom, at 11:34 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home