And together we learn

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Advent adventures

So many posts floating around in my brain!! The activities are happening too fast--I can't keep up! But I'll do my best.

Gingerbread (ok, graham cracker) houses. So fun!



This is my mantel this year. I just got the little trees on either side of the picture, and I love them!! The tree I'm not going to show, as it is very very much child decorated. The bottom third has most of the ornaments all clustered together. But the kids love it, and to them, it just looks like magic.


I love Christmas!!

Labels:

3 comment(s):

What a great idea, to use graham crackers to make it more "their scale." I was contemplating whether we were up for the full-size house, never having done one before. Maybe we'll borrow your idea ...

By Blogger Hannah, at 11:35 AM  

Hannah, every time I've tried to do 'real' gingerbread, it's such a huge long process that it usually gets abandoned before we get to the fun part of decorating. With grahams, all you have to do is make the icing and they can start decorating. So much easier!!

By Blogger Becca, at 1:27 PM  

Looks like your houses are the real thing! I used a kit. Bad me! Yours are lovely!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 2:13 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home