And together we learn

Thursday, February 14, 2008

My heart's in big melty puddles

I don't think he knows it's a holiday, but my sweet Calvin boy just gave me my best Valentine's present yet.

He had one of those legendary toddler diapers and I was cleaning him up. We were talking and I was telling him that Mommy's are here to take care of little boys and keep them clean and sweet. We finished and I went to give him our customary post-diaper change big hug. Then he melted my heart forever and completely.

He planted a big kiss on one cheek, turned my head and kissed my other cheek, then turned my head again and planted a big kiss on my mouth. "T'ank you Mommy take care me! Wub you!"

Then he ran off to play.

Be still my mother's heart.

Labels: ,

3 comment(s):

Awww, so sweet! Happy Valentine's Day, Becca!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

Oh my word!!! That is just too precious! What a gift!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 10:19 AM  

I love how he had to get both cheeks and the lips! Such a cute, sweet kid. Can we trade?

By Blogger Emily, at 2:08 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home