And together we learn

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Yummy!!

Don't you love that feeling of a really really successful meal? One where every member of the family loves every single thing you serve? Tonight the stars were aligned just right and it happened.

I made Chicken Curry with Sweet Potatoes and was it ever good!

Since I ALWAYS tweak recipes around, here is my version.

1 chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
2 peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
couple of chicken pieces--enough for my family with a bit leftover
~1 cup orange juice, except I just used a largish lump of frozen concentrate and a cup of water
3 t chicken curry
1 chicken bouillon cube
2 t brown sugar
salt and pepper

Stuck everything in the crockpot on low for 5ish hours. Perfect.

We had coconut rice, which oddly took about 15 longer than rice normally does for me, so everyone was expectantly at the table with no meal ready. No problem, we turned fancy and served the 'salad course' first. We had already gone all out and were eating by candlelight--the kids loved this touch so much! Steve is home for all of 18 hours this week, so we thought we'd make his one meal at home special.

For dessert, I'd made a lemon blueberry pie before we left for the airport. Perfect ending. I love meals that work out like this!!

Labels:

1 comment(s):

That sounds yummy! My girlfriend makes a chicken curry dish with coconut milk in the main chicken dish. I have no idea how its made though! Ive never had any chicken curry of any sort. It always smells so good in her house when she makes it though!

Your meal sounds scrumptuous!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 8:40 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home