And together we learn

Monday, February 25, 2008

Update

This poor baby!! He hasn't really moved from my lap all day. The saddest moment was when he woke up from his nap and looked at me. "Mouf hurts, Mommy! Kiss better!" He stuck out his little tongue for me to kiss, but I couldn't get to the roof of his mouth, so it didn't help.

Every time he's tried to eat something, he tells me that "Mouf so owie!"

I bet it is!

The doctor called me back a few hours later to check on him--I thought that was fabulous. He called in an antibiotic for me, which is great. Calvin went into this adventure with an ear infection and a cold. He's had a fever for the last couple of hours, and it's hard to tell if it's from the ear infection or from his injury.

I've got pudding and applesauce and fruit popsicles for him, but he's not eating much of anything. He just went to bed. I'm hoping he's able to sleep peacefully tonight. Poor baby!

3 comment(s):

Oh the dear babe! I do so hope his mouth starts feeling better. I hate it when kids are hurting.

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 11:38 AM  

So sorry! It's horrible for the little children who don't know they will eventually feel better.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 PM  

Oh, no! I just read the last three posts in a row, and man, this week has hit your home like a freight train! I'll be praying for DH's safe travels, a quick 10 days for you, and for poor wee Calvin. Oh, my whole body cringed in sympathy for him when I read about his latest injury. :-( That just breaks my heart.

The nice thing is that once he's better, he'll be ALL better. He won't be phased or traumatized in the least. (Now if only we moms could be as resilient, right?) {{hugs}}
Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 5:08 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home