And together we learn

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Daily moments

There's a point in my day where, every time it happens, I'm startled that yet another day has sped by.

Each night I tuck my babies in bed, and when it's Calvin's turn we read three books, always the same ones, and the first is always Goodnight Moon. I open that book and look at him snuggled in his big boy bed, and I'm every night amazed that another day has passed so quickly.

We read through his books; I don't look at the words because the books are such an ingrained part of life by now. Each time we get to, "goodnight comb, and goodnight brush," Calvin starts to chuckle. Then I flip the page and he belly laughs, "Goodnight NOBODY!!" then we recite together, "goodnight mush."

Such simple moments, but they are part of the beauty of this life that we've created here.

Labels: ,

3 comment(s):

Becca having one grown and gone I am continually aware of how fast the time goes. Many times I think about how that every night I put them to bed is one night closer to them leaving. Sorta maudlin of me but I just cant help it.

Doncha just love the Goodnight Moon book?

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 6:38 AM  

My son always says, "Goodnight soup" instead of mush. I can't correct him for the very reasons you wrote about. :(

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 AM  

Very sweet, and so true. We need those moments to hang onto when the going is tough!

By Blogger Hannah, at 6:43 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home