And together we learn

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Update

Still pregnant. Still very very pregnant. I'm not technically due until Sunday, so a few days away, but I've been late with every baby so far. This one seems to be following the same pattern! Dang it.

I have strong, working contractions all over the place, but never anything that develops into actual labor. With the other three, this continues for weeks and I slowly dilate to a 6 or so, then they've broken my water. I don't really want to do that this time, so it will interesting to see how things will progress.

Maybe he's waiting until we choose a name for him. Poor baby--he might be waiting a long time! Still no luck on any kind of a name.

Calvin played hard all day today and climbed into my lap for a snuggle this afternoon. In just a few minutes he was sound asleep in my arms. He smelled like little boy and sunshine and sweat and outside. He's only going to be my baby for just a few more days. I rocked him and reveled in the moment, then carried him into my bed and we snuggled and napped together. Bliss.

Labels:

4 comment(s):

So sweet. You have to really savor those moments, huh? Love you, Becca. Hang in there.

By Blogger Emily, at 10:29 PM  

I am praying that the next post I see from you is a beautiful little baby boy. I can specify a date, if you would like. :) I hope you enjoy the last few moments of quiet closeness with your little one.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 AM  

Im so excited for you! Im thinking that maybe you have had the baby by now! Cant wait to hear.

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 6:36 AM  

I can't wait to hear the good news. I hope it's not too much longer for you!

By Blogger Lara, at 1:38 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home