And together we learn

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Belly talk

Today is the day I get serious about getting everything ready for this baby. I'm going to get my bedroom completely cleaned out and shiny scrubbed, make sure all the supplies are close at hand, and pack bags for my kids to take to wherever they end up going. I'll finally haul the birth pool out of the van and make sure it's ready for a quick set up. I AM going to have a baby soon, so I'd better make sure I'm ready.

I'm 4 days past due now, and doing everything I know to bring this baby on. Except castor oil. Never, ever that. I'm faithfully drinking my raspberry leaf tea, even though I hate it with a passion. I'm taking black and blue cohosh tinctures, and those make the raspberry tea taste like nectar! Horrible things. I've got the evening primrose going on, and Steve is definitely doing all he can to *ahem* get things going (blush). SO WHERE'S THIS BABY???

Last night I did start contracting regularly--just braxton hicks, but they were extremely regular for about 6 hours, then through the night. Maybe. I go in tomorrow and my midwife will strip my membranes, have me walk stairs for hours, and in general convince this small guy that we're in earnest about wanting him here!

Labels:

4 comment(s):

I'm sorry that you are going through so much frustration with this. May 22 would be a good day for a birthday, little guy!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 PM  

Are you sure about stripping membranes? My midwife's philosophy is cook until done and usually babies come when they're done. Of course, I have never gone past my due date...so my perspective is different than yours. Regardless, we wish you good luck with everything and please post how the water birth goes. K is trying to talk me into it this time around.
~A Young (Tyler's SIL)

By Blogger Flattail Family, at 3:16 PM  

April, I know what you mean about letting them come when they're done. But we're constrained legally to not go past 42 weeks--otherwise no homebirth. And we're absolutely certain about dates, so I think we have to go ahead and try to start the process.

By Blogger Becca, at 4:47 PM  

Today you get serious? Do you hear me shrieking? Your 4 days overdue and today you get serious! You're tempting the fates girl; yep, thats what you're doing.(lol) But then in your case its a good thing. Because of your lack of preparation your baby will now appear. You're probably in the hospital now.

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 7:24 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home