And together we learn

Friday, May 23, 2008

The state of the cervix

My camera has been broken for ages. I could take pictures, but the display was black so it was shooting blind. Less effective. I was trying to debate repairing it vs. buying a new one, but the nice guy at Canon suggested doing (insert technical lingo here), and it worked! No need to buy a new one. So here's a picture of my three darling ones, just for fun.



Now that that's out of the way, on to the state of the cervix. Yea, no baby yet. Don't you just love how people have to point that out to you?? Really, I promise I've noticed that there's no baby yet. Trust that I know!!! I CANNOT face church on Sunday, when every single person I pass will say, "Haven't you had that baby yet??"

NO!

But, at today's midwife appointment, I learned that I'm at a 4, not very effaced, and the baby's in a fairly decent position. Still sort of high, but not too too bad. The contractions are still Braxton Hicks and obnoxious. I've been going up and down the stairs, two at a time, walking, and drinking nasty horrible black cohosh tinctures. Hopefully this will turn into labor sometime this weekend. I'll keep updating as there's anything to report.

Labels:

5 comment(s):

What's up with all these babies taking their own sweet time? I think doctors should just add another week to due dates so we don't get our hopes up.

I can't wait to hear some good news!

By Blogger Lara, at 3:57 PM  

I'm so sorry if I was one of *those* people. I remember how awful it is - I just stared out the window crying for days. But 4cm - that's awesome!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:51 PM  

I hate all those questions from people too, and I have obnoxious Braxton Hicks for months beforehand.

Here's wishing you a speedy labor!!

and cute picture!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 PM  

We love you, Becca! Hang in there!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 PM  

{{{hugs}}} I was SO tempted to have a t-shirt made at CafePress that said, "Yep, still pregnant. Don't ask." Wouldn't that be great? Especially on a shirt that's suitable for church wear! LOL!

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 5:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home