And together we learn

Monday, June 02, 2008

A glut of Samuel pictures

Pictures galore, because I can!!

Sleeping brothers. Calvin is a little unsure about this whole baby thing. He's pretty standoffish. He'll occasionally kiss the baby's head, but holding him is right out. Fortunately, he doesn't seem to be upset at all by Samuel, just indifferent. He does tell me, though, that, "My brudder's one good guy. Him's perfect!"


Chloe and Hazel are having so much fun holding this baby. In fact, if Samuel were a toy, he would be confiscated because of the amount of squabbling over who gets to hold him.




And yes, all these pictures are taken from my bed, since I've spent the last many days here. I did get the midwife's go-ahead to walk around the upstairs now, so I'm loving the new freedom. I got pretty stir crazy, but it was really very nice to have such a calm, peaceful time to spend just loving this new baby. With four kids now, real life is crazy. It was nice to focus on bonding with Samuel.

4 comment(s):

I love the name Samuel...it sounds like a wonderful not-throw-the cellphone-in-the-peanut-butter kind of name!

my boys are always much more interested int eh baby if I put them in the bassinet (which has wheels). Curiously we dont' use the bassinet anymore.

By Blogger Kelly Family, at 7:20 PM  

He IS perfect! I can't imagine having one with all that hair. I love it! And I'm so impressed that you had him at home. You're amazing!

By Blogger Lara, at 6:29 PM  

I love the pictures!

I feel your pain with the bed rest distress. We had our baby on Sarurday and the midwife gave me a week's bed rest too. You run out of things to do pretty quick, don't you?

By Blogger Jen, at 12:36 AM  

Oh, yes, "him's perfect" - "them's perfect", too, aren't they? Mmm, what a happy post. Thanks! :-)

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 11:06 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home