And together we learn

Sunday, May 25, 2008

My new philosophy

I came to a decision yesterday. I can either mope around the house, doing everything in the books to bring on labor, and get all frustrated and depressed when it doesn't happen. OR, I can live my life, hoping of course that I go into labor soon, but not stressing so totally over it.

Choice #2 won. I went to the nursery and bought all the plants for my containers in the yard. Ran my errands, did some laundry. Contractions come and go, and that's ok. They're getting me ready for the big event, which WILL happen. Someday.

Getting out of the car yesterday, my pants split down the front. I didn't change immediately, but sat on the couch with my beloved laptop for a few minutes. Cue the doorbell, and a family who moved away and came back for a visit. At 6 pm. With their 4 kids. I hadn't started dinner yet. Aaack!!

We visited with the parents while the kids ran absolutely wild and got into all kinds of mischief.Tthey were hungry and the random kids kept asking for food. And I couldn't get up or do a darn thing about any of it because my pants were split all over the place!!!

Finally after and hour and a half Steve stood up and started to make grilled cheese for my brood, but explained we didn't have enough bread for everyone. Poor hospitality, I'm sure, but who shows up unannounced at dinnertime with unfed kids, and stays for that long in the home of a 41 week pregnant mom?????? Grrrr.

Enough of the blackness of my heart. Now you all know what kind of a person I really am. But trust if any of YOU showed up, I'd laugh off my split pants, run to the bedroom and change, and make cookies for everyone!

Labels:

5 comment(s):

I can't help but smile. The other day I had almost the exact same thing happen to me but I'm not quite over due yet so you have me there.

Why do people drop in and stay at a VERY pregnant woman's house? Unless you're there to do dishes or take my kids away, I think a phone call is the least to ask for.

By Blogger Jen, at 4:05 PM  

Becca, it has been forever, but I was checking some long-lost homeschooling links (including that sadly neglected co-op message board) and I thought I'd see how you're doing via your blog. You are so refreshingly honest--I love it! Please let me know if there's ANYTHING I can do for you in the coming days/weeks/whatever. k?!
~Carla

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

Hee hee. That's a funny story. The family who stayed over dinnertime is not so funny. You have had your fair share of drop-ins the past couple of weeks! Why do they come when you are so very pregnant? Maybe you will get lots of good karma with this baby because you have been so patient with EVERYTHING going on.

By Blogger Emily, at 11:09 PM  

Ah, you know, our midwife kept suggesting ways to bring on labor... and I contemplated it, but then I remembered that I've been absolutely exhausted every. single. time. I've given birth. So, I took a plate of snacks and a big glass of water to bed and got some rest. Best choice I ever could have made! Who knew labor was easier when you're rested?? Weird.

{{hugs}} Please know that if we were ever to stop in, we'd bring food. :-)

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 5:31 AM  

That doesn't sound fun. People do the weirdest things don't they?

I'm glad you are at least keeping busy.

By Blogger Lara, at 8:21 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home