And together we learn

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Life with four

Why is it so hard to post lately?? I certainly have plenty to blog about--there's an absolutely adorable baby who delights me daily, but for I'm just tired lately. Maybe because of this adorable baby?

He's a marvelously good baby, he sleeps well and is constantly good natured. But there are four of them now, and that in itself is reason enough to be a little tired.

So there's the excuse, and here's the update around here.

I gave Steve a gorgeous hammock for our deck for Fathers Day. But...it was Father's Day 2 years ago. I told him I'd set it up and then never did, because I weirdly get paralyzed by projects if I don't know exactly how to do them. The stupid hammock sat for 2 whole years in the garage, and I felt guilty every time I thought about it. So I finally called wonderful sister Andrea, who put the big scary thing together in about, oh, 6 minutes flat. Hooray for a sister who can help me even when I'm a complete freak. Note to self--just get over it and at least try things!!



For dinner on Sunday, Steve requested Soul Food. So I made ribs (a first for me) and waffles with fried chicken (another first--I don't really fry things ever). We ended up with 23 people over and had a fabulous time. The food turned out great, but I should really break this habit of trying out new recipes on large groups of people.

We took Samuel to church for the first time on Sunday. So fun! Here he is in his handsome little Sunday clothes. He's three weeks already. I'm trying so hard to savor every single moment.

Labels: , ,

2 comment(s):

Oh my goodness your family is adorable!!! Aren't these babies so much fun?

By Blogger Lara, at 11:37 PM  

What a beautiful father's day picture! Thank you for sharing it!

By Blogger Kelly Family, at 12:36 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home