And together we learn

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Reasons

I know it's been forever. But there's a good reason for it, honest. Let's see if you can figure it out... Lately, I spend most of my time lying on the couch while my kids wander aimlessly around and beg for food. I put them off as long as possible, then run into the horrible place called the kitchen and throw something together for them. Foods I normally love, like basil and tomatoes, are now so completely off limits in our house. I'm eating a diet consisting of canned vegetable beef soup and quesadillas. Anything else makes me want to groan in agony. The toilet and I are very very close.

Need any more hints?? I'm pregnant!!!

So very excited, but it's been hard to feel excited when I'm so surrounded by ick. And since my ONLY topic of conversation lately is how yucky I feel, I've been avoiding posting. Because really, how much of that can people listen to?

My kids are beside themselves with excitement. Every day, many many times a day I hear, "How big is the baby?" "About the size of a lentil."......."Now??" "As big as a lentil."........"How about NOW??"

We're making in utero development a part of school for the next, oh, nine months or so. They love thinking about the baby growing little fingers and a nose and delight in each weeks new progress. It's so much fun to do this with kids old enough to be excited with me.

I'll try to post more often, now that the big news is out. But if I'm whimpering in the bathroom and can't make it to the computer, I know you'll understand.

Labels: ,

8 comment(s):

Congratulations!

By Blogger Mel, at 3:13 PM  

Oh how exciting! Congratulations.

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 6:55 PM  

Congrats :)

By Blogger theotherbear, at 7:23 PM  

Wow, Becca! You sound very happy about it, despite the feeling-yucky part, and therefore I am happy for you! I don't know the ages of your other kids exactly, but it sounds like they'll all be pretty close ... so I admire your courage (sorry, can you tell I've had a rough day and can't fathom four right now?) Seriously, that's great, and I hope we'll be hearing more from you once this stage passes ...

By Blogger Hannah, at 8:57 PM  

Becca, Congratulations! What a great blessing. I hope you feel better or at least as good as possible very soon.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 AM  

Congratulations!! Ick, and all, it's still wonderful news! :-D (And thankfully, you'll feel better before the children develop any nutritional deficiencies from foraging. It'll all be OOOookay!)

YAY! Congrats, Sweetie!
Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 7:39 AM  

Congratulations!!

By Blogger Cellista, at 2:20 PM  

Congratulations!!! When are you due. Sorry you have the sickies! Hopefully they pass soon!

By Blogger Suzanne, at 9:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home