And together we learn

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Works for me Wednesday



My first ever Works for me Wednesday!

I've had a hard time teaching my 5 yr old left and right. But then today she asked me to play Twister with her. Amid my protestations at the thought of actually getting down on the floor and contorting myself, I realized that this just might have educational potential.

So we set it up, and started to play. Within just a few rounds, she was a pro at distinguishing left from right. And I only had to play 2 rounds--the rest of the time I just worked the spinner. Plus, she had a blast and didn't even realize she was learning anything.

4 comment(s):

Becca -
OK. So I think I am totally hooked on this whole blogging thing. I was just hopping on to check my email and decided to look at your blog. I can't stop reading! So fun to read all your great stories complete with pictures. What cute, funny kids! I am still so sad Janey and I had to miss Hazel's party 'cause it looked so fun! Leave it to Drea to create an edible treasure chest masterpiece! We love her huh? So...I might just have to try this blog thing out. Can you print up your entries? Love you lots! Em - your sis in law.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 PM  

oh I used to love twister as a kid :)

By Blogger theotherbear, at 2:45 AM  

Isn't it amazing when children reveal what they really know. It looks like you had a pleasant Wednesday!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 AM  

What a super idea! Maybe it can help ME learn left from right... :)

By Blogger Becky, at 11:27 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home