And together we learn

Monday, November 06, 2006

Tofurkey? I don't think so!

We had a homeschool fieldtrip today at the health food store. They taught the kids about healthy eating, but mostly it was a shameless plug for their products. At one point the lady asked the children what their favorite foods were, and I kid you not, one very vegan child raised his hand and said, "tofurkey!!". Yes, his favorite food is tofurkey. Then the very health-concious lady turned to my girls and asked them what they had for breakfast.

Inwardly, I'm groaning, and hoping that somehow they forgot. But no, they announced proudly, "McDonald's Egg McMuffin!"

Oh yeah, it was awesome!

7 comment(s):

Oh, Becca, I am almost peeing my pants in hysterics at this post! I can just imagine the scene. Ok, I'm off to the bathroom now, thanks to you!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 PM  

Maybe a good laugh will induce labor??

By Blogger Becca, at 9:06 PM  

LOL! That's funny.

I can't take Zorak into the crunchy store with me anymore. He walks past bin after bin of TVP and tofu things made into meat-product shapes, touting meaty flavors, and he just. can't. keep. quiet. And then I can't help but laugh, because his obvservations are really quite funny.

Tofurkey? No. Not a chance!

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 11:24 PM  

That's cute. When my kids answer the phone and my dad asks, "What are you doing?" My daughter promptly answers, "Watching TV!"

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:20 AM  

And my kids would have shouted: SAUSAGE BISCUIT AND SWEET TEA! :)

Too cute!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 AM  

Oh boy what a nightmare! ROFL

But tofurkey? Puke!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 5:43 AM  

Eeeew, tofurkey - it's just wrong isn't it. There really should be a law against it!

By Blogger theotherbear, at 2:09 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home