And together we learn

Sunday, November 19, 2006

We're home!!

After a very long blogging delay (sorry everyone!), we're home. Hooray! There's something so very wonderful about my own bed after a long trip with lumpy hotel pillows. You know that feeling of complete luxury when you stretch out on your own soft sheets? It makes the whole trip worthwhile, right there.

We got home last night at 11:30. I've never seen Hazel run to bed like she did when we finally got home. They were their usual fabulous selves on the plane, despite the late flight.

So many posts swirling through my head!!! We did so much in California and had a perfect time there. Spending the week with Steve was so so wonderful. The kids love Daddy time.

We went to the SF zoo and it was awesome. 70 degrees and clear sky, plus absolutely empty, so we got it almost all to ourselves. Right as soon as you walk in you see this:

Calvin about went crazy over the giraffes. He was as excited as only a 15 month old baby can be. Those are the moments we live for as mothers! Oh, it was yummy.

We had great times playing with cousins. The girls were delighted by their manicure and pedicure, compliments of cousin Sarah.


And they LOVE playing dress ups with her!

But it's always good to be home.

Oh, one oh-so-bloggable moment of the trip. While I was going through security with the three kids, the lady screening the boarding passes and id's actually said to me, "How many more of kids do you think you're going to have??"

Rest assured this was not in a chummy, matey sort of voice. More one of screeching condemnation. From the woman sitting there checking ID's for heaven's sake!!! While I do delight in discussing my reproductive decisions with accusing strangers generally, under the rushed and harried circumstances my ignoring of her question I hope can be accepted. Brother!

And don't even get me started on airport security. That's another whole post... Patient Steve does it several times a week, and doesn't let it bother him at all. The man's a saint, that's all I can say!

So bottom line--we had a fabulous trip, and I'm so so glad to be home!

6 comment(s):

what beautiful pictures, I love the one of the girls sitting on the sink.
Glad you had a good trip! I know what you mean about airport security, we went through Heathrow in late Aug. and it was a nightmare, I decided that LAX rocks compared! In Germany I had my first 'pat-down' ever!! one for the scrapbook...
blessings this week as you get back to your routine,
Jenny in Ca (so.)

By Blogger Hen Jen, at 12:31 AM  

It is so good to come home from vacation. And you only have the three - that remark was ridiculous. The photos were adorable.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:11 AM  

What is wrong with the TSA anyway! Are they human beings?

Well, at least it looks like you had a great vacation and luckily didn't get kicked off a plane for breastfeeding :-)

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:21 AM  

Hmm, what an odd thing to say to you. You should have replied to that lady. A few suggestions:

"Oh, not too many more - the other 19 kids are at home with their dad".
or
"Oh they're not mine, I found them in the gift shop"
or
"How many more customers are you going to be rude to today?"

By Blogger theotherbear, at 2:13 PM  

" I love my house. I love my nest. In the all the world this nest is best." I always sing this when I return home from being away. Glad you're back. We missed you.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 PM  

Just nothing like coming home!

I'm sorry you had to deal with a 'tude on top of the general malaise that IS airport security. You know, I couldn't believe I said this, but I told the last woman who asked me how many more I was going to have (actually, her words were, "Well, are you done NOW?"), "No, why? Do you have some you'd like to get rid of?" That one nailed the balance between "I really enjoy these kids" and "I am willing to freak you out enough if you come near me" without being rude.

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 11:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home