And together we learn

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Six Beautiful Years

Six years ago, my darling Steve and I were married. Here, to be exact.



It snowed that morning--the first time of the year. There was just enough snow to cover the grass and leave the world a delicate, pearly white. I have never smiled as much as I did that day. And I have never felt that beautiful.

I thought then that I was in love with him. I thought then that things were wonderful and perfect.

I had no idea.

There's so much more now. So much more depth to our relationship, so much more appreciation for him. So many more kids!!

I'm sure that 40 years from now I'll look back and laugh that I thought I really understood love here at the measly age of 29. But for now, I'm amazed just how happy we are.

Since he's (of course) gone today, I wasn't expecting a fabulous anniversary. Imagine my surprise to answer the door and find this.


Aren't they stunning? I feel so loved!!! Happy Anniversary, dearest.

7 comment(s):

Becca-the flowers are beautiful. I feel the same way about my husband of 15 years. Whenever I go to a Anniversary party or someone loses their spouse of many years it hurts me deeply. I think about how much I love my husband at 5 years, at 10 at 15. How will it feel to lose him after 40 or 50 years together. Enjoy the love! (You are so blessed to have 3 children in 6 years.)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 PM  

Happy anniversary to you! The flowers are so beautiful! How sweet =)

By Blogger Brandie, at 9:25 PM  

How sweet :) Happy anniversary!

By Blogger theotherbear, at 2:38 AM  

Happy Anniversary! How thoughtful of him. That is wonderful.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 AM  

Happy anniversary to you!

By Blogger Melodee, at 10:55 AM  

Happy Anniversary!! What beautiful flowers. Is that the Mt. Timpanogas temple?

By Blogger Amanda, at 7:20 PM  

Happy Anniversary!

your husband is very thoughtful.

blessings,
Jenny

By Blogger Hen Jen, at 12:18 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home