And together we learn

Monday, October 20, 2008

Memories

It's been over 2 weeks since a single smell has registered in my brain. I haven't been posting because this is just so weird, so hard, and so very not normal--I just don't really know what to say.

I go in for a CT scan this afternoon. I should have some kind of an idea about what is going on, and what to expect.

If I'd known that I would be losing my sense of smell, I would have kissed each of my kids and Steve, and tried to memorize their own particular smells. Calvin smells like graham crackers, and the baby is pure deliciousness. But the memories of the girls smells are fading. Kissing Steve feels like kissing through a layer of plastic wrap.

But, I know that this is just a teeny little blip in the grand scheme of things. I'll wait until I know what I'm facing, and then I'll deal with it.

4 comment(s):

Oh Becca. Please let us know when you know something - that is heartbreaking. You are in our prayers.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 AM  

Oh. Dear. This sounds more serious than a sinus infection. Keep us posted. :-(

By Blogger Hannah, at 12:44 PM  

This post literally made me all teary. I'm glad I didn't read it before I talked to you today - I would have been in all out tears. I love you!

By Blogger Emily, at 10:33 PM  

Remember, you may have smelling super powers one day when all is said and done. My husband has bad eyesight, and I swear another sense strengthened because of it (he can smell bad breath from across the room), so I am currently thinking up super hero names for you right now. Smelly McSmellerton, to the rescue!

By Blogger Amy Jones, at 9:27 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home